(prepare for publishing, add some news)
Latest revision as of 11:47, 1 December 2010
 Period 2010-11-01 to 2010-11-30
Debian is a universal operating system used on many embedded devices, servers and home computers. Using Debian on the FreeRunner gives access to the huge army of software packaged in the Debian repositories, already compiled for the Neo's ARM(v4) processor. Moreover, one can build one's own source files for programs without having to learn the OpenEmbedded way. For an existing Debian/Ubuntu user, choosing Debian for Neo FreeRunner makes phone a very familiar, trustworthy and flexible place to hack in.
 New Applications
Micromoko is a Twitter primarly for SHR/OE. It is written in C using Elementary, it has a builtin Twitter library. It's not available on SHR yet, you need to compile it manually. It depends on libmokosuite: http://gitorious.org/mokosuite2/libmokosuite
 Application Updates
A podcast aggregator / player written in Python / Elementary.
A classic Memory game
A Stopwatch and Timer
A computer version of the well-known electronic game named Simon
NeoTool is a bash script for your desktop system to provide a friendly GUI frontend to some common management tasks, like for example flashing Openmoko smartphones. It is aimed at being very intuitive and easy to use, and flexible enough to make it useful in a wide variety of circumstances.
 General News
Most important and change making mails on the mailing lists, blogs etc.. Coolest hacks, screenshots, themes etc..
- Latest news on the ”GTA04” project from Golden Delicious - a project to create modern replacement board for the FreeRunner case + display, using ARMv7 CPU and 3G modem: http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2010-November/063760.html
- Presentation ”Tuning an old but free phone” was held at FSCONS 2010: http://losca.blogspot.com/2010/11/free-society-conference-and-nordic.html (video not yet available, only slides)
 Event News
- 2010-12-04 German Open Hard&Software Workshop on 4th/5th December 2010 in Munich; will cover Openmoko, Beagle Board, Arduino, OpenPandora, ...; still in planing phase; to stay and participate in planning loop please subscribe to: http://lists.goldelico.com/mailman/listinfo/open-hard-software-event
- 2010-12-?? Buzz fix and free beer brewing party in Washington, DC: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/BuzzFixParty#Washington.2C_DC_-_United_States - tell about your interest! Mailing list post http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2010-November/063770.html
- 2011-01-24 Mobile FOSS MiniConf at LCA2011 announced a call for papers that closes on Friday 22nd October 2010. So submit something about OpenMoko today!
- 2011-02-05/06 FOSDEM 2011 calls for Main Speakers and Devrooms  that closes on Saturday 16th October 2010. So submit something about OpenMoko today!