|Need improvement: This article or section needs improving. Feel free to add content.|
Period 2010-01-14 to 2010-01-28
|Android Cupcake [0.2.0 RC1]
The AoF community has uploaded a first release candidate for 0.2.0. This release contains:
For a complete overview of the changes see here.
Everyone is invited to take a look and provide feedback to the developers via the Wiki page.
QtMoko is a Debian-based distribution for the Openmoko Freerunner phone. Phone and user interface are based on QT Extended, formerly known as Qtopia. Currently QtMoko is provided with two kernels - one vanilla andy-tracking with debugging stuff and one with stripped config. The first one is slow but stable. The second one is fast, but it can have problems with switching to QVGA (WSOD) and sometimes wifi does not work (Suspend/resume can fix it). You can decide which one you want to use. Just flash your favorite kernel (for jffs image) or change the symlink in /boot (for SD card image). There is a dirty hack for displaying undelivered SMS - you have to restart Qtopia. As for the changes - credits go to Jeroen for fixing bugs and Esteban for translations, thanks a lot! Changes from previous version:
QGPSLog is a GPS logging GUI that uses FSO for GPS and power control. It's simple and never supposed to get a map. Main target was to do track logging (start,stop,split) and avoid supsend when logging. You can specify a minimum battery capacity needed to log, otherwise it will stop logging.
Exampleapp 0.0.1 is an application to do some stuff..
Podboy is a podcast aggregator/player written in Python/Elementary. Its interface aims to be easy and finger friendly. It uses Feedparser Python module for download/parsing of podcast feeds, Gstreamer for playing of episodes and SQLite for storing data. Changes are:
- Golden Delicious Computers GmbH&Co. KG have done another upgrade and are now the first to sell the new variant GTA02A7+. The difference to the A7 is that the #1024 rework ("recamping bug") has already been applied. Therefore the A7+ device now has a much longer standby time in the case that the Calypso GSM modem goes to sleep mode. The company still offers the rework of #1024 bug.
- Pulster announced re-production of car holders for Neo / FreeRunner which are again offered for 29 EUR.
- Due to time restrictions and other work on open source software Pander is going to stop supporting, maintaining and developing packages for SHR. Regarding this, he looks for people that would like to take over the following packages:
- 2010-02-07 FOSDEM 2010 | Openmoko Devroom at FOSDEM 2010 featuring FSO, Android, SHR and Hackable:1
- 2010 April Openmobility 2010 conference in Czech Republic. There will be talks in Czech about Openmoko, Touch Book, N900, WikiReader and GSM protocol, maybe about Pandora. This is going to be Czech language conference, although if soomeone wants to come and talk about something related in english language, please contact with Martix. There are plans to run buzz & recamping fix party.