Period 2010-01-01 to 2010-01-14
SHR is a community driven GNU/Linux distribution for smartphones.
It has not made a release yet and this is an update on all the great work that has been done recently. Unstable and testing images are available for Freerunner and also for Neo 1973.
A list of updates:
- quite big FSO upgrade is hitting SHR. Parts of the FSO are bit by bit being rewritten to Vala and this shows great speed improvement. The new upgrade also introduces better system of separate configs file for each daemon in etc/freesmartphone/* instead of huge frameworkd.conf . (In shr-u it's fsodeviced, fsousaged and fsonetworkd now).
- images are generated in jffs and ext, newly ubifs images are being provided. ubifs should be having better performance in speed, it also has smarter logic of uSD wear.
- discussion about faster kernels is also affecting SHR, (MTD_NAND_VERIFY_WRITE) is already pushed in. There are some experimental kernels (2.6.29-rc3-drm, 2.6.31, 2.6.32) available for testing.
Exampleapp 0.0.1 is an application to do some stuff..
Package: [http:// www.some.srv/path_to/Exampleapp.ipk Exampleapp]
Tested on: SHR-Unstable,Om2009T5
rtmom is a Python client for RememberTheMilk. It is based on Elementary.
- Currently, rtmom is more or less read-only:
- you can download and display your tasks and
- you may mark a task as complete
- no editing or creating of tasks yet implemented
- Check wiki for installation and usage.
Tested on: SHR-Testing
Openmokontrol is a CLI-controlled application for the Freerunner to send input events to a remote X11 server caused by accelerometer events, well usable for games.
Tested on: SHR-Unstable,Hackable:1
This is an initial release of a very fast, finger friendly webkit-efl / elementary based browser.
- finger scrolling
- double-click to zoom in
- triple click to zoom out (not working as of now - help needed)
- layout optimised for max viewing space
Tested on: SHR-Unstable
Most important and change making mails on the mailing lists, blogs etc.. Coolest hacks, screenshots, themes etc..
- Harald Welte is planning to create a GSM development board based on 100% open hardware design and 100% free software. The initial focus is to create a board that behaves like a GSM cellphone. This could be interesting for the gta02-core project.