Period 2009-09-17 to 2009-09-30
SHR has been added to the Debian pkg-fso repository. In particular the following packages have been added:
The community has released its first version of Android Cupcake for the Freerunner. This project is continuing the work started by Koolu and includes additional code contributed by the community. In addition to the patches, separate artwork is being developed.
NOTE: The install process overwrites everything on the NAND, including the bootloader.
Babiloo is a offline dictionaries reader.
|Offline SHR Manager 0.1
Offline SHR Manager is a tool for you Desktop machine to support managing your Freerunner with tasks such as:
First release of Arora web browser for QtMoko is online! Check the package feed (Main menu->Settings->Software Packages). Discussion is here. The port is based on Arora 0.4. This is an old version, but its functionality (together with additional improvements) is more than enough for a smartphone:
Eieruhr, german for egg-timer, is a simple countdown application. Right now, it supports one countdown at a time and counting down up to several hours, but is rather intended for helping hackers not to forget their pizza. :) Reaching zero, an arbitrary shell command, f.e. mplayer, can be executed. Eieruhr will appear in SHR's package feed when their build problems are resolved. Till then, the package should be available from the link underneath this text.
Opentransport tycoon deluxe is game about trains.
ffalarms is a finger friendly alarms application.
tangogps is an easy to use, fast and lightweight mapping application for use with or without GPS. The new features include:
|Unofficial gvSIG Mobile 0.1.5
A GPS-enabled, projection-aware mapping app. Supports WMS, ArcIMS, tile services (OSM, etc) and shapefiles. The new feature consists in performing vector synchronization (therefore edition) with a remote PostGIS database.
Most important and change making mails on the mailing lists, blogs etc.. Coolest hacks, screenshots, themes etc..
- 2009-09-15 September Openmoko "Stammtisch" in Munich (informal meeting) - 7 attendants from Germany and 1 from Canada: a lot of hardware and software projects were represended and discussed
- 2009-09-19 Christoph Mair posted about his working prototype of a Freerunner with HMC5843 three-axis magnetometer. It is part of a project which will include two gyros (XY, Z), the magnetometer and a MSP430 microcontroller which allows to add other features. Link to original mail.
- 2009-09-20 gta02-core-news 3rd edition released. Good news from University of São Paulo in Brasil.
- 2009-09-22 Tom Yates and Tom White held a small but perfectly-formed OM meeting in the Granta pub in Cambridge, UK, and talked about many things including X on the FreeRunner.
- 2009-09-30 Cmair added pressure sensor to his Freerunner, see http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/I2C_Pressure_Sensor
- 2009-09-30 Jonkristian created awesome theme layout for Paroli, see http://jonkristian.no/2009/08/paroli-ui-theme-proposals/
- 2009-09-30 SHR logo contest voting phase started.
- You can vote for your favorite logo at http://www.doodle.com/if9mwpmen4btbxu4.
- See the logos at http://wiki.shr-project.org/trac/wiki/LogoContest.
- You can vote to as many logos as you like, so you don't have to choose your absolute favorite, you are welcomed to choose your top 3.
- Voting will end at 19:00 12.10.2009 GMT, Have fun and good luck.
- 2009-10-01 Open World Forum Paris. Bearstech and Hackable:1 giving presentations on the morning of the first day
- 2009-09-16 Buzz fix in India | 2 phones get buzz and 1024 fix in Delhi.