Revision as of 07:58, 21 May 2009 by Sushama
Period 01, May ~ 22, May, 2009
- Om 2009 There have been new additions to features and bug fixes to the last image. The latest testing image for May 9th is available here
- Neovento (formerly FYP) This release has some new features like Zhemes which allows you to change the Zhone/LXDE theme easily and also it's less memory hungry than the ones before
- Hackable:1 now offers phone functionality and sms plus a full PIM suite consisting of contacts, calendar and todo list manager, plus a timesheet time tracker application and more.The detailed steps for installation are here
- Podboy 0.0.1 - pre-alpha release is a podcast aggregator/player written in Python/Elementary
- notifier 0.2 - This is a simple & great python application to remind you if you miss a call. It's really basic with no spectacular features. More features (Treviño patch) and discussions can be found here
- omgpsIt is a GPS application, written in C and python (as plugin language). Dependencies are: GTK+, glib, dbus, FSO frameworkd, etc
- MokoGeocaching 0.4 This is a little gtk python script that searches the geocaching.com site for caches near your current position or a user specified lattitude and longitude and add the cache as a poi in TangoGPS.
- PISI 0.2 Enhancements to calendar synchronization,contacts synchronization
- Mokomaze 0.5.1 with completely new physics and graphics engines is released. Packages can be downloaded here
- Acceleroids v0.1.3 released
- added support of new kernels
- .desktop file fixed
- Intone (0.51) Elementary based mplayer frontend. Discussions on the testing of this version can be found here
- Confundus call recorder competition There were two results to this
- FrOSCon 2009: Call for Participation The Free and Open Source Software Conference, an annual event held at the University of Applied Sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, Germany. The fourth edition of FrOSCon will take place on August 22nd/23rd 2009
- Interview of Sean Moss-Pultz and Christopher Hall for Twit TV and FLOSS weekly
- DebConf9 Neo FreeRunner Special Offer Openmoko, Jon "maddog" Hall, and Tuxbrain wants to thank the Debian community for their great work offering a DebConf Neo FreeRunner special pack, only for DebConf9 attendants.DebConf9 The link includes a video of maddog explaining the offer.
- It’s time to contribute to OM2009 & Paroli Risto H. Kurppa makes a clear explanation on how and why contribute to the new Openmoko OS release.
- New Live in Openmoko Phones Wolfgang Spraul announce another big step in opening the Openmoko Hardware publishing board outline, footprints and netlist under Creative Commons Share-Alike license. He also introduce the gta02-core project.
- 2009-05-22/24 FSOSHRUDCON'09 | Joint FSO/SHR Users and Developers Convention 2009 | to be held in Essen Horst Germany
- 2009-06-25/26 OPEN SOURCE IN MOBILE 2009 | to be held in Westin Taipei Taiwan | Openmoko Sean will give a speech
- 2009-07-02/05 LVEE 2009 | The 5th International conference of developers and users of free / open source software “Linux Vacation / Eastern Europe” to be held in Grodno (Belarus)