Revision as of 06:28, 2 April 2009 by William Lai
Period 20, Mar ~ 05, Apr, 2009
- Om2009 - Paroli work continues with Mirko trying to get the elementary in and etk out. More details about this is in the mail from Mirko to the community mailing list.
- QT Extended Improved There are some patches for QT extended improved on debian rootfs with 2.6.28.Refer mail http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2009-March/044667.html
- Simple application to test touch screen It is gtk program which prints:
- mouse location
- mouse button press (and its location)
- mouse button release (and its location)
- Black Sheep: Fight insomnia! Start this software, count the sheep
- Chronometer: It is in early stage - it has stopwatch with split, big display and big buttons
- Linphone 3.1.0: A preliminary bitbake recipe for the latest linphone release. Binaries for fso-milestone5 are in http://openmoko.truebox.co.uk/repos/mazikeen/fso-milestone5/ipk/armv4t/
- BikeAtor0.0.6 : Like TangoGPS BikeAtor can display OSM Maps V0.0.6: Configuration changed and Speedometer improved
- CoovaChilli: It turns your phone's WiFi network into an Ad-Hoc Hotspot! Other computers can then connect to your WiFi signal and get a captive portal. From the GUI, you can configure multiple Hotspot setups and easily switch between them. You can also review the current active sessions and authorize, release (DHCP lease), or completely block a device on your network.
- Finger friendly alarms: Version 0.2.1 of ffalarms which adds support for SHR (tested on SHR testing)
- OpenBmap Version 0.2.0 released of the GSM cell, GPS logger.Refer the mail below for more details on the changes since last version and the package download link.
- Yaouh!0.5.1 Released
- ModemManager project has been started at FreeDesktop.org to provide a DBus API to GSM/3G adaptors.
- There has been some interesting tests of the battery current against display brightness and GPS power mode.The discussions and test details can be followed at
- Some organizational changes with respect to the sales and marketing department can be found in the mail from Steve Mosher. http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2009-March/044522.html
- Also from Steve, some answers to some confusion that some of us had about the offical buzz fix can be found here
- Sean Moss-Pultz presented the FreeRunner mobile phone to designers and engineers at the Embedded Systems Conference in San Jose, California this week. Moss-Pultz calls the phone a “seed” that provides a rapid start for developers to create devices based on the phone’s open OS, open CAD and open electronics.
- 2009-04-06/08 CELF Embedded Linux Conference | ELC 2009 San Francisco, California.
- 2009-04-18 Openmoko Fix it Party | Repairing buzz hardware bug live and for free , Barcelona.
- 2009-04-18/19 Open Source Developer's Conference | OSDC will hold in Taipei , Taiwan.
- 2009-05-12/13 OSiM Asia | The Kowloon Shangri-la hotel, Hong Kong | Openmoko will give a speech