Revision as of 09:51, 9 January 2009 by MinhHaDuong
Sean's new year interview.
- LED clock When an Openmoko is sitting unused at night, turn it into an alarm clock with large 7-segment digits on a black background in landscape mode.
- GPRSsettings is a GUI script designed to change apn, login, dialnumber.
- Samuel's script for a toggle wifi icon.
- ylock 0.1 Python screen lock and low battery monits.
- AppManager 1.0.1 Zenity package manager.
Ports and update
- Lots of Navit activity. Distributions are kindly suggested to package the sample map separately from the main binary to conserve space.
- The opkg package manager development moved from OM svn to Google code. The recommended stable version is r172, there is a significant data structures+algorithm refactorization going on.
- Sean's new year interview
Hardware and drivers
- Werner announced he made an internal debug board. This is contributed as a community member, not as Openmoko employee.
- Filter key bouncing patches.
- There is a thread about the touchscreen driver on the devel list, how it should be split between kernelspace and userspace, and how to contribute it upstream to the Linux kernel. I find the mix of high-level technical arguments with social and emotional considerations fascinating.
- Illume's keyboard is definitely now The keyboard. It is a pleasure to say that the Community localized it already to at least [Illume#List_of_illume_keyboards|nine different languages]. This does not only involves layout and icon, but also building up a dictionary. The frontier: input for asian languages.
- The Freeunner is also a target platform for many innovative new input methods.
Tips and tricks
- Booting 2008.12 from a microsd fails with "Only GTA01 hardware supported by ASoc driver" ? Option "ro" on the kernel commandline is fatal for startup of 2008.12. Check your U-Boot env if you're using that for "ro", or try adding rw to /boot/append-GTA02 if you are on SD Card and Qi.