Revision as of 21:03, 28 July 2007
A work in progress...
A cursory glance on http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans at 08:58 UTC 2007-07-26 indicated that without entering zip code data two types of plans are available. 2-year contract plans (I think you have to talk to some for the 1 year plans) and Prepaid plans.
- 08:58 UTC 2007-07-26 It seemed to me all there contract plans are 2 year terms unless you try to get one by calling or visiting a store "For a 1-year contract, call 1-877-387-4324 or visit one of our T-Mobile stores" at the bottom of the page
- 08:58 UTC 2007-07-26 They have either Individual/Regular Individual/MyFav Family/Regular or Family/MyFav plans
- 08:58 UTC 2007-07-26 Mobile To Mobile "...Note: Service in North and South Carolina, Iowa (area codes 319, 563, and 712), Wisconsin (area code 608), and Michigan (area code 906) is provided by T-Mobile roaming partners so calls will not be rated as mobile-to-mobile in these areas. Calls from or to locations outside of the US will not be rated as mobile-to-mobile."
- Needs more info..
- 08:58 UTC 2007-07-26 Unpleasantly they have a gold status that gives one different refill values than normal users.
- 08:58 UTC 2007-07-26 I expect those that expend large amounts of money get gold status.
Refill value Premium Minutes Cost/Min Min Use Avoid Waste Expiration Gold Premium Minutes Gold Premium Expiration 08:58 UTC 2007-07-26 $10 30min 33.3cent/min ~1min/3day avg 90days gold+5min gold+330days 08:58 UTC 2007-07-26 $25 130min 19.2cent/min ~4min/3day avg 90days gold+20min gold+330days 08:58 UTC 2007-07-26 $50 400min 12.5cent/min ~9min/2day avg 90days gold+60min gold+330days 08:58 UTC 2007-07-26 $100 1000min 10.0cent/min 1year gold+0min gold+0days 08:58 UTC 2007-07-26 If you buy the $100 you get the gold crap and your minutes don't expire for a year but I bet there's tricky small print.
- 08:58 UTC 2007-07-26 You lose your number after 90 days of no service... "...To keep your mobile number active, refill within 90 days after your minutes expire. After 90 days, your account will be canceled and you will lose your phone number. If you want to restart service, you will need to activate new service."