Here you can find information about upcoming buzz-fix parties
- When: May 1st - May 3rd, start will be 09:00
- Where: Braunschweig, Germany (exact location still unknown, most likely somewhere around http://informationfreeway.org/?lat=52.27389186224494&lon=10.524687317867564&zoom=17&layers=B0000F000F)
- What: Please indicate in the list how many devices you will bring. The rework itself will take about 40 minutes. Testing device before and after (including flashing) will take a couple of minutes, but can be parallelised. The day has 24 hours. You do the math. :-)
- How: Back up all your data! There is a possibility that the Freerunner will get damaged during the process (I haven't broken one device yet, but the possibility exists). Openmoko has promised me replacement devices for this case, but they are not here yet. So until further notice I will not guarantee that you will walk away from this with a working Freerunner. Mark all the parts (battery, main and cover) with your full name. Use labels which leave no glue residue and remove labels afterward, especially from your battery! One could use painting/masking tape, especially the blue version that sticks as less as possible.
- Why: There will be other Freerunner users around. Use the time to get to know each other in person, share problems, fixes, ...
- Roland (1)
- Arne (2)
- Sven (1)
Users which would like someone living nearby to take their device to the fix party or would like to mail the device with money included for having it mailed back:
Christ van Willegen (1, Eindhoven, The Netherlands) Contact me hereI've sent it to Daniel myself, no need to bring it to the party for me.
Johannes K. (1, Stuttgart, Germany) Contact me heresame here
- Pander (1, Utrecht, The Netherlands) Contact me here
- Philipp (1, Rostock, Germany) Contact me here
- Johannes (3, Graz, Austria) Contact me here
- Stefan L. (1, Rostock, Germany) Contact me here
- Axel K. (1, Stuttgart, Germany) Contact me here
- G. Neidisch (1, Hamburg, Germany) Contact me here
- Joachim “nomeata” Breitner (1, Karlsruhe, Germany) Contact me here