Angstrom on Neo1973
This page describes the process on getting the Ångström distribution running on Neo1973-GTA01. These instructions will evolve as better support is added - for now this is just a quick list on the required steps.
|NOTE: These instructions will not result in a proper installation supporting the device. There will be no power management, no GSM, no GPS, etc. This is just for hacking and fun.|
- Download kernel: http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/images/fic-gta01/20070709/uImage-126.96.36.199-moko10-r3-fic-gta01.bin
- Download root-image: http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/images/fic-gta01/20070709/Angstrom-console-image-glibc-test-20070709-fic-gta01.rootfs.jffs2
- Flash these via dfu-util as explained on Flashing openmoko.
Connecting to the internet
- Boot up the phone - the kernel should boot, and after that graphical boot will continue. Wait until graphical boot is complete.
- Connect the phone to your computer with the USB cable
- Set up a connection to the internet for your phone, details in USB Networking
- ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add some working nameservers to /etc/resolv.conf
- Run ipkg update - New package lists should be downloaded
- Run ipkg install xserver-kdrive-fbdev - This should install the X server
- Add packages to taste, for example ipkg install task-base-extended angstrom-x11-base-depends angstrom-gpe-task-base angstrom-gpe-task-settings libesd0
- Reboot the phone
After rebooting X should start at the end of the graphical boot and the first application to start up should be stylus calibration and then creating the first user account.