- There could be a description of OpenMoko/Neo1973 features
- There could be a short story about what OpenMoko/the Neo1973 does different:
After leaving work your Neo's GPS automatically switches your Alarm Profile from Silent to Loud and guides you to the next gas station. At home, your Neo automatically deploys its WiFi functionality, retrieves your email (free of charge) and activates voice over ip capabilities (free of charge).
And so on...
Neo: Hi, I'm an Neo. iPhone: And I'm an iPhone. * iPhone looks on a big map and tries to orientate himself Neo: What are you doing? iPhone: I try to locate myself by using Google Maps. Neo: Oh, that doesn't seem to be very exciting. I use GPS for that kind of stuff. Works automatically. iPhone: GPS, yeah? Neo: Yes. Oh, wait, I'm entering the cinema. I think, it's better for me, to switch to stand-by now. See you after the movie. iPhone: Oh, bye. * Neo leaves, iPhone looks on the map again. iPhone: Oh, here we are! Finally...
Scene: Completely blank white background. Two people enter the frame. Moko: Hi, I'm an OpenMoko iPhone: And I'm an iPhone * OpenMoko looks like he's enjoying himself iPhone: What are you doing? Moko: Oh, I just downloaded this great new game I came across. Want to try it? iPhone: I, er, I can't play new games. I've got this great game of solitaire, though! Moko: That's a shame. Nothing at all? iPhone: Well, I can play games off the web. Some of them. Want a game of bejeweled? Moko: ...thanks, no. I'm fine.
- There should be some pre-composed basic information that can be copy'n'pasted into one's Myspace/Facebook/whatever/-profile.
- There should be some pre-composed advanced information for press/blogs/mobile service providers
Adam Krikstone did some nice OpenMoko video ads: (youtube)
Something that came to me passing some mobile service provider's outlet today. This should be done when GTA_02 is available and software running.
A guy walks into a mobile service provider's outlet or approached by the outlet's staff. The guy asks the clerk about their phones and ends up showing him his Neo. He explains him the Neo's features that stand unrivaled to any of the mobile service provider's offered phones and eventually leaves him completly flabbergasted and pondering about the meaning of life and mobile connectivity/whatever
--Minime 16:58, 7 July 2007 (CEST)
Sound empathy / Jingle
- There should be some kind of jingle for OpenMoko, just like this "Hello Moto" thing from Motorola
- Number one (suggestions/whishes? firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We need to be careful about using copyrighted material (e.g. youtube)
- Other legal issues...?
- Be aware of what we are advertising: What functions does OpenMoko currently feature, what is planned and what not? Are functions advertised protected by patents?
- What is the community's goal in advertising?
- Are we advertising OpenMoko?
- Are we advertising the Neo1973? And if so, is this our job? The Neo1973 is after all, a commerical product.