Advanced Geocaching Tool for Linux
You can find the package at opkg.org.
AGTL was tested and developed on the latest SHR builds. If you experience performance problems, please consider testing latest SHR unstable/testing builds.
- Colors are wrong on non-default themes
- Output directory for caches is not created autmatically yet
- You have to restart the application after you entered your account data
- a double click on a geocache on the search tab doesn't show any reaction. It sets the target correctly, though.
- Map display is not as fast as tangoGPS's. This is partly due to a not fully optimized code, but also a limitation of python's speed (compared to C).
- You can only use openstreetmap tiles. Opencyclemap etc. are not implemented yet.
- Maps folder is not configurable
First, go to the "opt." tab and enter your geocaching.com login data. Restart the application (see above).
This page shows the current position, the current altitude, the distance to the selected target, your current bearing and the position of the target.
This shows the current map and the geocaches nearby. Of course, you must download the geocaches beforehand. To do this, use button 4. This only downloads the position of geocaches in the selected map view. If you want more details for a geocache, go to details tab or use the download tab. If there are more than 500 geocaches in the selected map rectangle, nothing will be downloaded. Zoom in or selected a different rectangle.
This tab allows you to search through the internal database. All search settings you defined here will be valid for the map view too, as soon as you click "Find".
If you select the "coords" tab in the "cache details" tab you can see the waypoints for the selected geocache. To retrieve all waypoints, you must click "download details" on the lower left hand side.